The King Of Pop... Michael Jackson

Tuesday, July 14, 2009
I know this is a bit unusual for me to post something like this. But I figured that this blog is also about how I feel and what I believe so I'd like to share my views on something I have kept to myself and the lessons I learned. I don't expect everyone to agree with me but here goes...

I'm writing about a person who's music I grew up with. I'm writing about someone I truly admire. I'm writing about the one and only Michael Jackson.


So many things have been said about him... so many negative things. I wondered were they facts or just impressions of people who were simply too opinionated? I'm guilty at one point for judging this man because I thought he's weird. But did I truly know the story of the man? My answer was no. Now that he's gone and I was able to watch all the videos and interviews he had in the past which I didn't know about then, my heart sank... broken to pieces for this man I so believed I judged
harshly.

When I learned about his passing on the internet, two minutes after Yahoo posted the breaking news, I didn't believe it. I thought it was just a joke... one sick joke and wished it wasn't true. But it was. I felt like a part of me also died. I grew up watching him perform on TV, listening to his music and yes, even doing the moon walk. I am a Michael Jackson fan. I love his music and his dance moves. I was, I am and will always be a fan of the King of Pop.

Whenever I watch his videos, I can't help but get teary eyed. Here is one man who's misjudged by so many people around the world and yet remained silent. He was hurting, alone, but never got back with his accusers when he had all the right to do so. I really feel so bad that it was only now that the truth came out
.

I have learned a great lesson that I thought I already knew very well simply because I am a Christian. I thought it's just a harmless remark I did back then, but I contributed grief to a person I hardly knew. I realized now that this man was bruised so badly emotionally and mentally, beaten up verbally and physically and yet remained silent all these years.
Here's an interview of Michael that really brought me to tears.



You will be tremendously missed, Michael. I salute you!

Michael Joseph Jackson
August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009


6 comments:

Denise said...

Bless you for sharing this my friend, love you.

Sharon said...

Well written my friend, I too grew up with him and have his albums, videos and such! Saddddd saddddddd day indeed. He will be missed in my household.
Thanks for sharing, Blessings

Amrita said...

The life of MJ ended in a tragedy. That is heart breaking.

ENID said...

Hi Pia!

I too find the sad ending of MJ a bit heartbreaking. Nevertheless, I can smile when I recall the good things that happened in my lifetime because of his music. For awhile there, MJ was invincible and that is how I choose to remember him.

HUGS

heiresschild said...

i was so saddened about Michael Jackson's death--so sad for his family, friends, and fans. i remember when the Jackson 5 first came on the scene. i pray God's peace and guidance for his remaining family, especially his children and Mom. i'm going to do a tribute to him at some point on my blog; just haven't been able to write about it yet.

Cheptoek said...

I salute you Pia. This is my first time on your blog. You teach us all a lot with this post on MJ

Blog Widget by LinkWithin