Thankful Thursday - God Is My Restorer

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Who would've ever thought I'd graduate again and wear a toga? Certainly, not me.


I graduated four times in my life - in prep school, elementary, high school and college. The only time I enjoyed my graduation day, as far as I could remember, was when I was in prep school. The three others, for lack of a better term, I wasn't at peace. I felt so incomplete. Therefore, I didn't enjoy "my" time which should have been three of the many exciting days of my life.

It didn't dawn on me right away that I was again graduating until I wore my toga. Those feelings of incompleteness I had back then went flashing back in my head. Then I realized God has allowed me to make up for those "lost times" and so I told my seatmate, who also happened to be a classmate and a friend, that I will most definitely make sure I'll enjoy this night to the fullest.

Then my name was called. I marched my way up to the stage to shake the hands of my pastors and received my certificate. I was so happy.

Those gloomy memories I had years back were now replaced with new memories of happiness, joy and fulfillment. And God made it all possible. Thank you, Lord!

God desires to restore to us as individuals that which Satan has stolen from us. God is the only one who can take a situation that has been in utter shambles and turn it into a beautiful masterpiece that is priceless.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

"He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake." Psalms 23:3
For more photos, click here.

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Lynn over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage. Have a happy weekend ahead y'all. God bless! =D


20 comments:

Denise said...

God bless you sweetie, congrats. I am so very happy for you.

Rocks said...

Congratulations Pia!

Debra Kaye said...

Pia,

You are so right...God's plans are to prosper us not harm us and He is so faithful. Congrats to you!

PS. I still haven't received the package but I'm sure it will arrive shortly.

Big hugs to you today!

Debbie Petras said...

Congratulations on your graduation! I'm sure you've learned much through good times and not so good. But there are so many lessons and the Lord has good plans for you. What a wonderful Thankful Thursday post!

Michele Williams said...

Congrats!! Wonderful news! So many things to be thankful for... blessings to you....

Rita T. said...

Congratulations! Great post.

Laurie Ann said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad you're at peace and able to enjoy it this time. Happy Thankful Thursday to you.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Wow.

Coffee is on.

Bluebirdy said...

Hi Pia!!! I didn't even know about this website or the one where the other pictures are until you write this address at the bottom of the note that came with your gift. Gosh, you are an internet superstar! hahaha. Beautiful site. I am so proud of your graduation. You are just glowing in that picture. What did you graduate in? I don't think I even knew you were going to school. If I did, then this illness really frustrates me because it takes a lot of my memory when the severe pain comes. (Trigeminal neuralgia). You have brightened up my life!
Hugs, Sheila

Jerralea said...

John 10:10 is one of my favorite scriptures. He came that we enjoy our life, not just muddle through.

God bless you, Pia, and congratulations

~ Mhay ~ said...

Congrats Pia! God is really good.

Thanks for the visit. And a happy and blessed weekend :)

Amrita said...

Congratulations Pia

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Yes God restores everything that the thief has stolen from us. God is so good, He provides for everything that we need. We just have to trust in His unfailing love and He will take care of us just as our earthly father does. Congratulations on your graduation. Here's praying for more successes in your life. God bless you always.

Bluebirdy said...

Pia, the link to "Spiritually Unequal Marriage" is not working, and that's one blog I could associate with! I know that you can too!
Blessings,
Sheila

Unknown said...

Oh Pia,

I am just delighted in what the Lord has given you. Congratulations my sweet sister. Hugs.

Andrea said...

That's awesome! Congatulations Pia!!

Grammy said...

Hi Pia, Congratulations! You look awesome.

Akinola said...

Congrats Pia on your graduation. Glad you enjoyed it, cos you deserve to enjoy and celebrate for all the hard work you have put in and successfully completing the course.

audrey` said...

Congratulations Pia!!! So happy for you =)

Welcome back to Facebook. Yeah! Yippee! The fun is greater now :D Please don't leave us again ;P

Renie Burghardt said...

Congratulations and God bless you, Pia!

Hugs and blessings,

Renie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin