Prayer & Fasting

Tuesday, January 8, 2008
I finished the book This Present Darkness by Peretti last night. Hit the sack at around 4 a.m. I know this sounds crazy but I just couldn't stop reading until I finished the remaining pages. Anyway, I enjoyed the book a lot.

Tomorrow is the start of our annual seven-day prayer and fasting. This is my first time to participate in this annual event in our church. I'm excited to what God is going to reveal to me. I'm also believing God for my breakthroughs. So last night, my friend and I made a list of our faith goals for 2008. Then we put it in a small box and tied it with a green ribbon. We prayed over it then I put it on top of my cabinet. It'll be opened on January 7, 2009 to see how many of our faith goals God answered. Sort of like a time capsule.
As a spiritual family, we begin each new year with seven days of prayer and fasting. It is our way of humbling ourselves before God and consecrating to Him the upcoming year. It is also the time when we corporately come into agreement and believe together for breakthroughs in our personal lives, families, finances and churches.
I'll be writing down what I have learned, what God has revealed to me and my breakthroughs in the coming days.

Lifting up year 2008 to God almighty!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying and fasting with the body of Christ is really a blessing and yeilds much fruit as i have known. This will a special time. Really nice to write down your goals and put them in a "time capsule".
God bless

Anonymous said...

Hey Pia. I love how you wrote down your faith goals. Sounds really special!

Anonymous said...

amrita: i'm really expecting a lot in these seven days. i mean, i want to be closer to God and to hear from Him more. and of course i want to see my breakthroughs too.

dawn: they are. i remembered doing this years ago but i never really took it seriously. this time is different. i really am expecting God to answer my prayers.

Anonymous said...

"The Time Capsule" sounds very cool =)

Anonymous said...

i usually do a 21-day fruit & veggie fast during the month of january. i did one nov 2006 and i remember i got such a financial breakthru. this month, i'm doing a 10-day fast, and i've already put my petitions before God. i'm expecting to see a mighty move of God in many lives.

you will be closer to God thru this experience Pia, with a greater hearing and keener discernment because your spirit will be more open during the fast. i'm excited about God answering your prayers.

Anonymous said...

Great to start the year as a Church on a 7-day fast.

I think its useful to let you know that I am also on the 4th day of a personal 7-day fast.

I have never done this kind of fast before, but it was impressed on my spirit.

And so far, I can say that I have not felt God's peace, rest and strength like this in a long time. For His yoke is easy & His burden.

You'll never be the same again at the end of this fast, for you will be full with the power of the Spirit.

"But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, hey shall walk and not faint."- Isaiah 40:31

Anonymous said...

audrey: i think so too.

sylvia: i do one meal a day for this 7-day fasting. i really am hopeing to hear from God more clearly.

akinola: may God bless youakinola. may you walk in the fulfillment of God's promises in your life. thanks for being my friend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin