Back For Good

Thursday, November 9, 2006
It was one lazy afternoon at my parent's house. Andre, my three year old nephew, was watching Tom and Jerry cartoons when my dad asked him, "Would you like to go with us to the states?"

"States? Yes!" Andre answered back, completely ignoring the show he was watching, as if he understood what my dad just asked him.

"Pero paano ka sasama sa amin ni Gwama, wala ka pang visa? (But how will you go with me and Grandma, you don't have a visa yet?)", my dad asked him again.

"Visa?" I just love the way he had this puzzled look.

"Ah, alam ko na, ikakahon nalang kita para makasama ka. (Oh, I know, I'll just put you in a box so we can bring you with us.)" My dad chuckled.

"No!!! Kuha mo ako visa! (Get me a visa!) This time all of us were already laughing. My nephew didn't understand what a visa was, but would rather have one than being plunked into a box.

I asked him, "Why do you want to go to the states?"

"Because I'd like to ride an airplane," he snapped back.

"Why is that?" I asked him again.

"I'll look for daddy sa (in the) airplane," he said.

Even when he got it all mixed up, we all found him so cute! The afternoon turned out not so lazy after all. We all had a hearty laugh and it felt real good.

I'm so glad to be back!!!


19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back too Pia. I missed you!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Pia I am so glad you are back. I've missed you!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi PIA,

You are back to blogging! Wonderful news, sure miss you heaps!

It's a pity you didn't come to Singapore with your parents, else we can meet up & fellowship!

Next trip remember to drop by Singapore & let me know:-) Have a good weekend ahead.

May the Lord favour be with you & anything you do will prosper in His name?! Amen?! As the God we serve is a good God full of loving kindness & tender mercy:-)

Anonymous said...

LOL!! one of your greatest stories. Missed you greatly and I'm REALLY glad yer back! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back girl! You were missed!

Anonymous said...

So good to have you back Pia. May the LORD continue to uphold you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back girl!! I missed...blessings, love, prayers & ((HUGS))!

Anonymous said...

PIA!!!!!!!
Finally!
At last!
You're back.
Please don't away again, ok?
We had missed you terribly.
Take care =)

Anonymous said...

That was great!

And it is nice to wee you back.

I'm in-and-out lately due to an overload of work and estate stuff.

God bless you, Pia.

Anonymous said...

You have been missed girl :)

I liked this post - kids are so so cute :0)

Thanks for stopping by to say "HI" and send hugs :)

Sending you hugs back :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia!
So good to hear from you again.

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you again!

Anonymous said...

i'm so glad to see y'all again! =D

Anonymous said...

Oh my, that new picture is so very beautiful. Breath-taking, really.

Loved the nephew story. I babysat my two and three year old nephews a couple of weeks ago. It's so funny to see the things they say. It was also special to watch my husband enjoy them. He loved that age when ours were smaller.

It's so good to be back in touch with you, Pia. You are an incredible blessing.

Anonymous said...

So good to see you are back...ran across your coment on Andrea's site, Ordinary Christian...welcome back!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Pia dearest! It's so good to see your comments and post again. You've really been missed here. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back Pia!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Welcome back!
You were missed Pia. Looking forward to spending more time at My Life's Journey.

Anonymous said...

hi pia,

i'm smiling as i'm reading about your nephew. children are such a blessing. art linkletter (before your time so you may not know who he is) used to do this show called, "Kids Say the Darndest Things." and they did too.

welcome back my blogging friend.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin