Together

Monday, February 3, 2014

Last night, at around 9:35 Mom finally joined Dad in Heaven. I say this with a very heavy heart because I was not prepared for it. We all did not expect it to be this soon. Just yesterday, she was recovering from the angioplasty that she had last Saturday. The doctors told us that she had to undergo this procedure to clear three of her blocked blood vessels. She had undergone several of these procedures in the past. All of the stents that were put during those procedures were still ok. This one was needed to clear new blockages.

After the angioplasty, she was brought to the ICU because her blood pressure was too low and it was fluctuating, from a low of 80/40 to a high of just 120/45. The operation itself was successful because the blockages were opened up. However, the stress of the angioplasty and the subsequent dialysis that she had to go through must have been too much for her already weakened body. She had a cardiac arrest at around 9 PM. The doctors tried to revive her, but Mom's body gave up the fight at around 9:35. 

Mom's wake is at Room 303 at the Sanctuarium along Araneta Avenue. Cremation is scheduled on Friday at 7 AM.

On behalf of my family, I would like to thank all of you,who have said prayers for Mom's healing. Now, she is truly healed and free of all the illnesses that plagued her during the last few years. 

Mom, we will all miss you so much. What comforts us now is that aside from knowing that you are in God's Kingdom, we know that you and Dad are together once more. 

See you someday, Mom, Dad....


14 comments:

Corry said...

Words fall short. We are with you in heart and mind!

(((HUGS))) and more (((HUGS))) and lots of God's grace.

Karen said...

Pia, I am so sorry to read this...you are in my thoughts and prayers.

That lovely picture of your mom reflects a beautiful spirit inside as well as a beautiful lady on the outside...

jel said...

Pia, so very sorry to hear that,
sending ya a hug across the way

Joyful said...

Very sorry for your loss. I pray God's strength and comfort for you and your family. xx

Rocks said...

my deepest sympathy sis. hugs!! May our Lord comfort you and the rest of your family. Will remember you in my prayers.

Slamdunk said...

I am very sorry for your family's loss Pia.

My prayers are with you all during this trying time.

heiresschild said...

hi Pia, i was very saddened and shocked to hear of your Mom's passing. i wasn't prepared for that news either. i've been praying for you and your family. may God continue to bless you all with inner healing and peace. love you.

Clooney said...

Oh Pia, I am so, so sorry for your loss of your Mom. Sending you thoughts of love and holding you in my prayers.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

What a beautiful woman your mother was, what a lovely, lovely smile. We are so deeply sorry ((((hugs))))

Poppy Q said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom Pia. Sending you healing hugs for you and your family.

Julie and Poppy Q
xxx

Pasha's Mommy said...

again, very sorry!!! It's very hard to lose a Mom :(

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Condolence on the death of your mother my dear sister Pia. Now you have Jesus all by yourself and in the future, you will be reunited with your parents in heaven. I know your heart is still heavy and grievous because of the recent tragedy that struck your family, but how are you my dear friend? How's your health? Have it improved or deteriorated? Sorry I have visited you only now as I have been fully concentrating at Facebook with my online ministry. I will send you an email and please give me the details of your present situation so I can always pray for you. I pray that the Lord will comfort your heart and give you special strength to sustain you in your hour of grief. I love you my dear sister with the love of the Lord. God bless you always.

Never Forsaken said...

Dear Pia, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.
I am praying for the Lord to comfort you through this time. And to sustain you with the hope that you will see her again someday and knowing that she is finally at home and having a blast with your Dad.
Blessings and love~ Lisa

Bluebirdy said...

OH MY DEAR FRIEND PIA--- I AM SO SHOCKED ABOUT YOUR MOM'S PASSING!! Life has been a whirlwind since December, Mom having one dangerous crisis after another,almost constantly in the hospital, so I didn't have a chance to check in on you. Every moment seemed to be an effort to fight to keep Mom alive...and now I read that your Mom died! ((HUGS)) Tear in my eye and lump in my throat, but now you have 2 angels looking down on you from above, and maybe able to do great things for you from Heaven. I know the Lord will prosper you and comfort you as you said in a later post. We had a few miracles, but I hate to tell you about them because you needed one of those miracles too! I am happy that your Mom and Dad are together again though. May the Lord hold you in His arms, little sister.
Love, Sheila

Blog Widget by LinkWithin