Welcome 2014!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

This is my first post for 2014 and I really want to encourage others with my post.

We just finished our annual prayer and fasting as a church.  I'm all pumped up and very excited for what this year has to bring.  2013 was a good year, but I'm believing that 2014 will be a better year... wait, let me say that again... 2014 will be a GREAT year!

No matter what situation you are in, be encouraged!

Three things that I'm believing God to happen this year.

RESTORATION.  The act of returning something that was stolen or taken from you.  In Joel 2:25 it says: “I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten— the great locust and the young locust, the other locusts and the locust swarm— my great army that I sent among you." That speaks of restoration. What is it that was stolen or taken from you?  Money?  Time?  Health?  Relationship?The Lord promised He will repay the years the locusts have eaten. That's a great promise!

PROVISION. In Joel 2:26 it says: You will have plenty to eat, until you are full, and you will praise the name of the Lord your God, who has worked wonders for you; never again will my people be shamed." Plenty to eat until you are full... That speaks of provision.  And not just simply provision, but more than enough provision.   In verse 22, if God is very mindful of the animals, what more us?  We are His children. In verse 24, it speaks of fulness and overflow.  You see, God can change your situation overnight!

IMPARTATION. In Joel 2:28 it says: "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions." We will be filled more and more with God's presence.

These are some things we should be very excited about!

I am!





2 comments:

Rocks said...

I am too!! I know God will do something great this year :)

Slamdunk said...

Awesome Pia. The Provision really speaks--God Bless you with your walk.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin