Remembering Dad and Getting Back On Track

Friday, June 1, 2012
Hi.  I've been MIA lately and I would like to apologize for that.  I've been crazy busy with work and other stuff. There are still a lot of things left to do, but I decided to take a break and do some blogging.

Dad just passed away recently, as you all know.  All of us in the family are still grieving, but the manner of grieving is different for each of us. I do miss him a lot. I miss his voice, his laughter, his presence. However, I don't wear a long face maybe because I have peace.  Sure, I feel sad sometimes, but I know that Dad is in Heaven now.

Moving on, we visited Dad again last Sunday, May 20th.  Here are some photos.

My nephews

 Michael and Mom at Little Asia 

Mel and Andre

Mom playing Tap Tap Revenge on iPad. Cool, huh?

The following day, May 21st, my officemates and I went to Anvaya Cove for a much needed break from work.  

Red Spruce

 Red Willow Unit










It was super fun!!!  I even got myself a henna tattoo.


The food served were mostly Filipino dishes.  I loved it!


I haven't been out of town in a while, so the trip to Anvaya definitely recharged my batteries! Going back to nature is a welcome respite from life in the concrete jungle.

I still have so much more to tell you, but I guess I'll save it for my next post. Perhaps, I'll talk about the jungle and its inhabitants next time. For now, I thank the Lord for the grace and love He showered on my family; that enabled us to still enjoy life even without Dad.





2 comments:

Amrita said...

Sending you hugs. Love your pictures.

Henna tattos are very popular in India

Karen said...

Pia, I pray for your family in this time of grief. It was good to read your post and see your wonderful pictures. God bless you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin