Thankful Thursday

Thursday, January 27, 2011
It's exactly 3:30 p.m. on my watch and I'm sitting on my bed feeling blah.  Again?!  Yup, again.  This feeling is getting very old.  I wonder, why do I get this feeling often?  Am I bored with what I do?  No, in fact I love what I'm doing.  So what's the deal? 

After hours of trying to come up with a hunky-dory answer, I figured that I'm not just too busy enough and I worry too much.  For more than 15 years, I've been so used to working like a horse and being such a worry wart (I'm still a work in progress), now that I have more time to myself (if only I'd master the art of time management), I feel like what on Earth am I doing sitting on my bed at 3:30 p.m. when I should be out meeting people and doing presentations?  I tend to worry about inconsequential stuff that eats up my peace. Unfortunately, that I mastered.

The thing is my work is done for today.

Anyway, it's Thursday.  Time to list my thankfuls.  Let's see...

Hmm... I can only think of one thing --- I thank the Lord that He provided me with what I needed for today. 

Which brings to my mind this verse, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:34

So true!

What are you thankful for this week?

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Lynn over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.




8 comments:

Karen said...

God bless you, Pia.

Nana Jul said...

I'm thankful He provides every thing we need! No need to worry...Hallelujah! Be still and know...(hard for a doer...)Listen for his whisper!
Happy TT
Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia, thanks for visiting my blogs and leaving such nice comments. I like the "voice" of your post here. It is as if we are friends and you are talking to me over a cup of coffee. So real, so fresh, so heart-felt. Have a great day!

Corry said...

I am thankful for all His provisions, even though they may not always be what I would want, He knows what is needed and gives it and even then some.

Luv ya, girl!
(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

I'd been there, since i married two years ago, i stopped working. I felt guilty for not working, but I thank the Lord for giving me the joy to do my role as a wife.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

(((Hugs))) May God give you a new purpose or reinvigorate an older one. And may you have complete peace about where He has you. Blessings to you my friend!

bp said...

Such a blessing that He knows what we need daily.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nancie said...

Hi Pia,

Thank God for providing for your needs. I am so thankful that He provides for me too. Truly He is our Shepherd and we will not lack anything. This is such an encouragement.

Thanks for your visit and many kind words of encouragements! It is so good to hear from you. Thank God that He is the One Who enables me to serve Him in little ways.

Take care and God bless you!

Warm regards,
Nancie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin