God Is Still In Control

Tuesday, August 31, 2010
We have one pastor in church whose faith I really admire.

For years he waited for God's best for him.  I was one of the witnesses to his very touching proposal to his then fiancé, now wife --- a pretty young lady.  He married last year at 40ish.  It's worth the wait! 

We got the exciting news that they're expecting their first baby early this year.  Everybody was so happy for them.  

Last night, I got a text message.  Sad news.  Our dear pastor and his wife lost their baby.
"...She was a fighter and our champion.  God is still in control"
My heart broke for them. But in spite of the pain they're going through now, they still honored God.

FAITH.

These words kept repeating in my ear, "According to your faith it will be done to you." (Matthew 9:29) He quoted this verse from the Bible some two years ago when I was crying my heart out while bearing my own cross.

This reminded me that EVERYBODY experiences tragedies in life, including pastors.  But yes, in spite of it all, God is still in control.



3 comments:

Denise said...

May God be with this dear family.

Slamdunk said...

Your pastor and his family are in my prayers--very sad news.

Kc said...

May God bless and comfort all involved as only He can.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin