Food Poisoning

Sunday, August 15, 2010
An excruciating tummy pain woke me up early yesterday morning.  I had to sit on the throne for more than an hour then had to throw up like there's no tomorrow, it was really bad. 

I had food poisoning.

After the pain subsided a little, I wanted so much to eat just so to fill my empty stomach, but didn't really feel like it.  I felt like throwing up every time I put something in my mouth.  I was dehydrated.  I stayed in bed until around four in the afternoon.  I had to force myself up to get ready because I had a meeting in two hours.  I felt so sick!

I went to meet up with my friend to do a presentation.  Thank God it went well!  I was able to close the deal. 

I went straight home after that and stayed in bed the whole time.  Oh, yeah, and I tried eating too.

I'm okay now. So why am I telling you this?  I don't know.  I just felt like sharing it and I wanted to test my wireless broadband connection.  

What a way to test my patience... Argh!


10 comments:

Debbie Petras said...

Pia, I'm glad you're feeling better. Sometimes when we get sick, it is nice to know there are people who care. And you my friend, have a whole blogging family here. So I will pray that you continue to mend fully.

Blessings and love,
Debbie

Mel Avila Alarilla said...

You must have been dehydrated because of your food poisoning. You should have taken oral rehydration tablets to rehydrate your body. Praise the Lord that you were able to close the deal. That's perfectly good news. I hope and pray you can go back to active blogging now. Thanks for the post. God bless you always my friend.

Amrita said...

Oh Pia, So sorry to hear that. Hope you are feeling sstronger now. Take care.

jel said...

sorry ya are sick, hope ya feel better soon!
huggs

Gatorade helps me when I get dehydrated,

Denise said...

My sweet sis, sorry you were so sick. I love you.

Pia said...

debbie: thank you so much for the prayers and yes, you are so right about the blogging family. this family i've here over the net has really helped me a great deal in so many ways. i thank God for all of you.

mel: i am trying to, but unlike before, i am much more busy now. i'm happier with sunlife though. i believe this is where God wants me to be for now. i feel so much better now, thank you, bro.

amrita: yes, i am feeling stroner and much better now. thank you, sis.

jel: gatorade helped! i'm better now.

denise: you prayers did a lot, sis. love ya too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,

Thank you for your recent comment on my Alcohol and the Christian post. As always..."Alcohol" is a "hot button" issue in the Christian community. I just wanted to thank you for your input on this subject.

Your comments are always welcome on The Old Geezer Blog whether I agree with you or not.

~Ron

jel said...

Glad to hear ya are feeling better :)

huggs

Lily said...

Oh dear, sending prayers your way. Found you through Fearless Friday on Angela's Free Spirit Haven blog. Be well.

About Health said...

be clean.. washing hand before meal is an effective way to prevent food poisoning..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin