Thankful Thursday - Basics

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Our TT for this week is about basics. We tend to overlook these things most of the time. It's good that we go back to basic and be grateful to God for them.

Last night I went to my Iranian tutee who lives just a building away from mine. It's just less than five minutes walk from where I stay. I was surprised that his place was way smaller than I thought. Anyway, his girlfriend was also there helping him with his laundry. She lives one floor up from where we were. Hers was bigger she said but I wonder how big is bigger?

Anyhow, after I left them, on my way to the elevator, I began to think about how blessed I am that God gave me our unit when I was desperately looking for a place to stay two years ago. I was pressed for time. He made every unit I looked into either too expensive for me or the price was just right but the unit wasn't available for rent. In other words, He stratigically placed me where I'm now staying with a promise. And He also considered not just putting a roof above my head but my comfort as well. I thank God for our house.
"'The glory of this present house will be greater than the glory of the former house,' says the LORD Almighty. 'And in this place I will grant peace,' declares the LORD Almighty." Haggai 2:9

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Iris over at Grace Alone. Have a happy weekend ahead y'all. God bless! =D

******************************

Don't forget to join my giveaway. You still have three more days to enter. I'll randomly choose the winner on March 2, 12 noon (Philippine time). ☺


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really love your new blog Pia. And thanks for this important reminder that we need to go back to basics and be thankful all the time. I am thankful for you as my sis in Him.

Rocks said...

Hi Pia! Know what? I love that verse! and now that I am also into looking for a new place I will remember it even more :)

Happy Thankful Thursday!

MiLeT said...

hi pia,

i have been reading your blog and i know what you feel. thanks for dropping by my two blogs and leaving comments (lupusurvivor and belles-lettresofmilet.romelettedlopez.com). if ever you need an ear, i'll be here to listen.

keep the faith. god has a reason. be blessed.

Denise said...

I praise God for meeting your needs sweetie.

Angela said...

Pia, I have that scripture painting on my wall at the front entrance of my house. Thanks for sharing your thankful post with us. Just beautiful.

Unknown said...

What a blessing! I enjoyed your post.

Tess (life is beautiful)

Laurie Ann said...

He truly puts us where we need to be, where He can use us best! Great post, Pia. Happy Thankful Thursday to you.

Jennifer said...

Thank you, Jesus for knowing our exact needs and the answer before we do. Thank you for giving us the wisdom to wait on you rather than jump ahead and do what we think is best.

God is faithful, good and always on time.

Happy TT, Pia!

Tammy said...

It is so wonderful to know He knows our needs and He knows what is best. Have a blessed TT!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are right where God wants you to be and thankful that He reveals our blessings to us when we forget!

Bonnie said...

I always love it when God shows us the "why" to His "where" or "what." He doesn't have to and we spend a lot of time wondering but when He lets us know why He has put us somewhere or someone in our lives, it's always such a tremendous joy to be "let in" on that part of His plan. How great it is, too, that you are paying attention to Him to see it! Blessings!

Mary said...

God is so faithful! Thanks for sharing today. Blessings to you dear girl.

Unknown said...

Pia,

I love reading about your life. One day, you and I will meet, in heaven I plan to hug you for a very long time my friend.

bp said...

Hello, Thank you for sharing your thankfulness of God's provision for you. His timing is perfect. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your thankful heart and blessing my blog with your visit.

~Mrs.Cuddles

Blog Widget by LinkWithin