His Loving Assurance

Wednesday, February 25, 2009
When we pray we expect answers. We all do.

Yesterday was no different. For several days I have been asking God to speak to me about my heart's desires. I knew He already did assure me of my stand in the past but I would like to hear Him speak to me again about these things. Do you feel like that sometimes, wanting to hear God talk to you about your heart's desires once again? I love it when God pours out His loving assurance that I'm on the right track.

I was searching the net looking for a Bible concordance where I could find what it says about marriage. I don't have that at the back of my Bible. I wanted to do this so that I could pray according to His will.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5: 14-15
As I searched, I was again led to Rejoice Ministries. I was already receiving daily devotional from them but I was behind with my reading. Yesterday, though, I had the urge to read the devotional for that day. I was so encouraged! God, again, answered my prayer. I'll share to you a line or two from that devotional. This was Bob, the once prodigal husband, talking:

"All the time God is moving, all the time He is calling out to your prodigal spouse to do what is right, the Holy Spirit is allowing glue, the cement of your one-flesh relationship with your spouse to keep memories of you alive and active in his heart. Try as we may, we prodigals simply cannot buy enough things, experience enough sin, make enough changes, nor find the replacement for you that will erase the memories of our covenant marriage, regardless of how we try."

"God simply will not allow us prodigals to forget a praying and standing spouse, sold out to living like Jesus and trusting Him for the right time."


And I thought I was already happy with that, but there's one more.

Before I went to bed last night, I got a text message from a friend. He texted me his prayer. He said in the latter part of his message, "God is already working on your husband. Don't worry." My heart was already doing jumping jacks, you have no idea. I texted him back and asked, "Why did you text me what you just did? I'm just curious." He replied, "God spoke to me and told me to pray for those in difficult situations, so I did."

Coincidence? No, it's not. It's God winking at me again. Isn't He awesome? He knows our heart's desires.

"The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer." Psalm 6:9

***************************

Don't forget to join my giveaway. You still have four more days to enter. I'll
randomly choose the winner on March 2, 12 noon (Philippine time). ☺


5 comments:

Denise said...

I pray for God to continue working in your life sweetie, bless you.

Angela said...

Your so right. I LOVE when the Lord speaks to us, confirms to us our heart's desires, brings us to a place where we are strengthened in His might and in His Word..Thanks for sharing such a powerful post...

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,

Your new site looks really lovely and colourful.

peppylady (Dora) said...

I believe God has a best interest for us but sometime I believe he tells us no.
I been reading a book called walking with god and it about how God in the nut shell how he communicated with us.

Coffee is on.

Pia said...

peppy: i believe God will say NO if what we're asking Him is not in accordance to His will. but when what we're asking for is in accordance to His will then we can be certain that God will give whatever we ask. it's just a matter of time. we just need to be patient in waiting for God's perfect timing. that's a wonderful assurance.

be blessed.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin