A Spider Named Charlotte

Monday, November 10, 2008
I'm sure you know this movie. Believe it or not it was my first time to watch this movie last Saturday and it wasn't even intentional. I didn't even know the title of the movie until late that evening. But I believe that everything happens for a reason.

Early that morning I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I felt a bit off and I was emotionally tired. I was impatient (again!) See, I am praying and believing God for things to happen in my life but I wasn't seeing any result. I told God so many things in a not-so-good tone. One of the things I asked God was, "Now what?!"

As I got up to get ready for my class that morning, I flipped the channels on TV and decided to settle for HBO. There was a talking pig. Great, I thought. A barn with a bunch of talking animals. I didn't really care about the movie, I was in fact busy making my to-do list for that day. The TV was just making sounds of what seemed like people conversing, but didn't quite understand what they were talking about. I wasn't really watching. Then something caught my attention. Something Charlotte, the spider said - "good things come to those who wait."

I immediately stopped what I was doing and thought about what Charlotte said. God spoke to me through a spider! I realized that I could have just watched any other show that morning, but I guess God said HBO. So HBO it was. And of all the lines delivered by those talking animals, that line which Charlotte uttered was the only sentence that I heard clearly.

And before I got out of the house, I got an incoming text message from a friend. It says, "How faithful is the Lord? "I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I promised you.' Genesis 28:15"

Clearly, the Lord had spoken.

PS: I noticed these words just now while I was writing this post. God does speak to us in ways unimaginable. I'm in awe.



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is amazing, huh?

Anonymous said...

Yes, we should always wait for the Lord. He always move in His own perfect time. Thanks and God bless.

Anonymous said...

How cool that God spoke to you thru "Charlotte's Web"! I love how He works.. always amazing.

Anonymous said...

I just wanna say that i really enjoy reading here...your blog is cool,

cheers,

Anonymous said...

I'm a Charlotte Web fan and it's a great parable.

Coffee is on.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes Pia...Help comes from above, but we must look up!!!
Thanks for this post...It was just what was needed for today!!

Anonymous said...

i also like this movie. so simple. yet it teaches a lot of good things. simple wisdom one should value.

this is a classic children story.

Anonymous said...

God is ever faithful thanx for the reminder, a super site

Anonymous said...

God's faithfulness never ceases to amaze me. i'm glad you got your answer Pia.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin