Thankful Thursday

Thursday, October 9, 2008

I missed last week's Thankful Thursday. I'm glad I was able to join in this week.

Last week was like a roller coaster ride for me. One day everything was steady and peaceful, the following day was like hell. My emotion was so erratic that it caused me a great deal of stress. But in spite of my life's jumble, God had been faithful to His promise that He, Himself, will go before me and will be with me; He will never leave me nor forsake me. I need not be afraid; I need not be discouraged (Deuteronomy 31:8). I thank the Lord for friends who left me a message saying they were praying for me.

Today, I'm feeling a lot better and things seem to be stable around me. I thank the Lord for this renewed peace.

I thank the Lord for the little things He allowed me to enjoy like a relaxing whole body massage and a few grocery items both of which were compliments of a friend.

I thank the Lord for my church mates who covered me in prayer and never left me during a spiritual warfare that happened in our house last Monday.

I thank the Lord for His divine provision which helped me make both ends meet. A dear blogger friend blessed me with $75 through my Paypal account with a note that said "just because..." God is truly amazing!

I thank the Lord for my mom's lab test results which were all good.

I thank the Lord Almighty for my life and everything that's happening in it whether good or bad.

With this, I leave you with my heart's prayer (song by Christy Nockels... Hosanna)

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love
Like you have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks yours
Everything I am
For Your kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity


For more Thankful Thursday, visit Iris over at Sting My Heart. Have a happy weekend ahead y'all. God bless! =D


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pia,

What a beautiful thankful heart you have. Know that I am praying for you!

((hugs)) to you today

Anonymous said...

Bless your beautiful heart, asking God to continue to watch over you sweetie.

Anonymous said...

may the Lord continue to bless you with peace that transcends all understanding :)

God is good indeed!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post sharing your thankful heart! It was a blessing to read this morning. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

~Mrs.Cuddles

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and trusting God to continue to soothe and comfort you as ONLY He can!

In His amazing grace,
jill

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us and WOW - a full body massage - I too would be jumping up and down with thanks for that!! I appreciate your visit to my TT post and hope you have a blessed weekend!!! -God Bless.

Anonymous said...

A very thoughtful & thankful list. Praise God that you are able to thank Him during the hard times! Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Pia,

Friends who rally around you in difficult times truly are gifts from the Lord. I am so glad you had so many to care for you! Thanks for visiting Borrowed Freedom and for your sweet words on my post.

Blessings,
Susan

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad our Savior protected you and was with you during your difficult time. I will be praying things remain steady and that our Lord keeps peace in your heart and home this week.

Anonymous said...

Hi sis Pia,
Everybody's on a trial of sorts. The enemy is working overtime knowing fully well that his time is almost up. It takes a lot of extraordinary faith to be able to stand up and be counted for the Lord. I'm so glad that there were souls who helped you in your moment of trials. Thanks for the inspired post. God bless you always my dear sister and friend.

Anonymous said...

Pia---you were on my mind last week...praying for your safety and protection! Love you much!

Anonymous said...

This post touched me this morning. I feel that I can relate to this because I'm in a jumble right now...thanks for sharing the lyrics of that beautiful song.

Anonymous said...

a beautiful list of thanks and a very lovely prayer thanks for sharing. so glad to hear life is getting better and you see god in the midst. Have a great weekend

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your list. Praying your peace continues to enfold you.

Thanks for coming by my blog. I find nature to be so relaxing and this is a great time of year to enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia!

Glad to see you back to blogging!

Love ya,

Mimi

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,

Keep holding on. Your faith shall always help pull you through.

God Bless and Stay Well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin