Finding Pia

Monday, October 13, 2008
Last Saturday was the end of our first semester and I'm already looking forward to second semester. For some who don't know, I enrolled myself in a leadership training in our church last May. It's a two-year course and I'll be graduating on 2010. It's funny how God "pushed" me into this a few months back. There were three instances in my life that happened just recently when I tried to run away from God's will. And this was one of them. Best illustration I could think of was Jonah. As it turned out, it was one of the best decision I've made in my life. My relationship with God grew deeper.
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21
Also last Saturday, my friends and I were asked to observe how things were being done at Kid's church. Children were calling me "Teacher Pia". I kinda like the sound of that. This too was something I tried to run away from, but guess what, God caught up with me again. See, I firmly believe now that we can try and try to run to Tarshish (our will) until we get tired, but a whale (God's way) will always swallow us up and spit us in Nineveh (God's will). It always happens. I used to wrestle with God a lot, but I never won. Stubborn me!

Anyway, tomorrow is a special day... at least it is for me. It's my birthday!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sis Pia!!!

God bless you....

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Teacher Pia. You're so blessed to be called teacher by your students at church. You made the right decision by enrolling in a church course. You are now doing it God's way and not your way and you can expect showers of blessings from the Lord. Little by little you are beginning to discover God's purpose in your life and you will feel that joy and peace in your heart. Thanks for the post my dear sister and Happy Birthday again. May the Lord grant you all of your wishes in life.

Anonymous said...

Hi sis Pia,
Please come over to my blog- Point of View. I have something very special for you. I hope you like it my dear friend. Thank you so much and God bless you always my dear sister and friend.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Pia =)

Anonymous said...

devita: thanks, sis. God bless.

mel: bro, thank you for your post. i truly appreciate it. may God bless you always.

audrey: thanks, lieve zus. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pia!! I hope you do have a really special day tomorrow! And I like the name Teacher Pia too!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Pia! I pray it is a wonderful day for you.

Thank you so much to your prayers for baby Bryson. I should get an update this evening and am hopeful. :)

Anonymous said...

andrea: thanks! i'm getting used to the sound of that. teehee...

missy: thanks! really hope bryson's condition improves. God is good!

Anonymous said...

Blessed birthday, Pia!

Anonymous said...

hello! where do you attend church ? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin