Divine Delays

Monday, April 7, 2008
I got an email last month that talks about divine delays. I used to be very impatient. I hate waiting! Patience is one of those areas in my life which is still under construction. God taught me and still is teaching me this virtue. He allowed some things to happen in my life even if He knew very well that there would be great resistance on my part. I've learned my lessons and I continue to learn because God's not finished with me yet.

Are you like me waiting for God's promises to come to pass? Are you waiting for your breakthrough and it seems like it's taking forever? I sometimes feel that way. I still get impatient sometimes, I still get aggravated once in a while.

Many times the delay is actually part of the plan to protect you from something that could hurt you if you stayed "on schedule"; on your schedule, that is.
How many times have we tried to go ahead of God? I always get myself in trouble every time I try to "help" God do His job. I felt like God was moving so slow so might as well do something to hasten it a bit. Gee... How stupid is that???

God knows what He's doing. He knows our pain and our frustration. Things happen for a reason. There's a purpose behind the delays. Now it may be that God is taking us the longer, slower way then suddenly all we can see are red brake lights in front of us. Just like the Israelites in the Bible times who were being chased by the Egyptians, going full speed ahead then were suddenly facing by the Red Sea. We're waiting and we don't know why.

It's because God knows what's up ahead and you don't. And He's protecting you from a battle up there that you're not ready to fight, from danger that might hurt you, from a temptation or a test for which you're just not yet strong enough. Remember, He's promised not to let you face more than He knows you can bear. Maybe you have prayed these words many times, "Lord, 'Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.'" And the reason you're waiting or taking what seems to be a detour is because your Father, who art in heaven, is answering that prayer!
And if the delay and the detour bring you to a Red Sea, not to worry! He's leading you, not into a mess, but into a miracle you'll never forget! So learn to relax when God closes the road or suddenly slows you down. It's all about His love for you, a love that knows what's best for you, a love that knows what's going to happen if you keep going the same direction at the same speed. So don't sit there, pounding the steering wheel and fuming. You aren't late. In fact, you're right on time - God's time. And this isn't Plan B. This is what God's Plan A has been all the time. So trust the One who plans the trip and who protects those who belong to Him. If you could see what's up ahead, you'd be so grateful that God has made you wait.
I still haven't gotten my breakthrough yet and I'm still waiting for God's timing. I wish the time is now but only God knows when. He's a God of suddenly, so we should be ready to receive His promises any time. It might be taking so long and we tend to get tired of waiting but we must remember that God hasn't forgotten us yet and He hasn't fallen off the throne as we might probably think sometimes. Hey, God knows and He got us covered.

PS. I made a post earlier and guess what, my entire post got erased! Gone! I had to rewrite everything all over again. Boy, Satan would just do anything and everything he can to ruin what is for and about God. Well, he lost... as always!

***************
Don't forget to check out some giveaways HERE.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree. And when 'delays' come my way, I always say to myself, 'God will never leave you. He will replace everything you lost. If He asks you to put something down, it's because He wants you to pick up something greater.' Anyway, it's Thy will be done ;o)

Happy blogging!

Anonymous said...

You are tagged. Please go to my blog- Random Thoughts, and read my latest post "10 Reasons Why I Blog." After reading it, please make your on post on "10 Reasons Why I Blog," then copy the tagboard after the meme and add your name next to mine. Then tag as many persons as you could, giving them these same instructions. Please copy and include the tagboard after your meme and instruct those you will tag to do the same. This will ensure a tremendous surge in the number of traffic and viewers in our respective blogs. Do this and see how traffic and viewership figures in your blog increase exponentially. Thank you very much and God bless.

Anonymous said...

I love this Pia. Thank you for the reminder that we should be ready anytime to accept His blessing. Love that. He is good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that Pia! It is so true. And yes, I will add your new blog to my blogroll! :) I'll do it tonight after my 'lil guy is in bed. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin