Celebrate God's Healing

Sunday, April 20, 2008
Yesterday's message at church spoke to my heart and I'm sure to a lot of others too. As Christians, we don't always understand everything that's happening in our lives. And we always try to find some explanations to it instead of just trusting God. I was guilty of that and I guess I still do sometimes. I'll give you one personal example. Both my husband and I are Christians and I'm sure that it was God who brought us together. If so, why then are we in this pit? Why am I experiencing such pain? Did I do something really bad that God is punishing me now? Or is my husband in some sort of a curse because of his family? The answer is NO!

Pastor Rico said this... "It's not the REASON but the PURPOSE." It's not because God is mad at us that we're going through this. That's not the reason. Maybe He's also trying to teach us patience and total trust in God Almighty. But more than anything else, He allowed us to go through this road because God wants to deliver us and for Jesus' name to be glorified. What seems impossible with men is possible with God and when He makes the impossible possible, His name will be glorified.

Next question is HOW is He going to deliver us from this? That's not our problem, it's His. Our job is to obey what God is telling us to do. Obedience to God's Word validates our faith.

Pastor Rico said this... "It's not the MANNER but the MESSAGE." There is no fixed formula that we can follow to get us through the other side of the mountain. God works in our lives differently. Just like how Jesus healed in the Bible times, it's different each time. God can heal a person instantly, but for another person he should probably take meds and go through procedures first then he will be healed. God uses doctors and medicines too to get healing across. The same is true for healing hurting marriages. The important thing is not the manner in which we receive healing but the message it brings about when we are healed. We point back to God as our miracle giver. The glory should be His and His alone. It's not the HOW but the WHO.

Reference: John 9

********************

Don't forget to join my friends' cute giveaways.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,
I fully admire your insights.
'...Our job is to obey what God is telling us to do. Obedience to God's Word validates our faith...'
You have arrived at the ultimate Truth of life.
God bless.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia, I celebrate God's healing with you sis! Love you dear. God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Hi sis Pia,
What a powerful post you made. It brought a smile to my lips that God is working some miracles in your life. That's it my sister. Just trust God and just be an obedient follower. He'll take care of the whys and wherefores for us. Just another suggestion sister, place your Entrecard on the upper portion of your side bar where it can easily be seen. Those who blog hop with Entrecard will not scroll down your sidebar to find out if you have one. Notice the majority of those who have EntreCard? They are prominently displayed at the upper most part of their sidebar. Just drop Entrecards from different sites so you can earn your credits. Then later on you can advertise on other blogs too. Thanks for your wonderful post. God bless you and your loved ones always.

Anonymous said...

Healing sure does cover a big area doesn't it? Our marriages, our souls etc. I've learned that when times are tough and we feel like we're in the pit of despair, God is using it as a lesson we can learn from.

Anonymous said...

surjit: that post ministered to me too. i mean, it was such a timely preaching from our church last saturday.

kitty: God bless you too, sis. (((HUGS)))

mel: thanks for the introduction of entrecard and blog catalog to me. it sure helped increased my hits. whew!

amy: that's right. everything happens for a purpose.

Anonymous said...

your words are always so encouraging and inspiring Pia! God bless you always!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin