The Valley Of Dry Bones

Thursday, March 27, 2008
I've been wanting to write about how inspiring the articles I've been reading from the mail sent by Rejoice Ministries to me everyday. It has helped me tremendously in my walk with God given the situation I am in right now. Come to think of it, I can't even remember who introduced me to Rejoice Ministries. Then the first article I read from this site was, "Didn't know how you got here? God lead you here that's why..." I felt my heart leaped. I went like, "God, is that You?" By the way, you might wonder what standers and prodigals are in my posts from here on. Standers are like me who stands in the gap for lost loved ones and won't stop praying until they go back to God and come home. Prodigals are the lost sheep.

This post may be longer than usual but please take time to read it. I assure you, it'll be worth your while.

Here's one inspiring article I've read. Remember, no matter what you're going through right now, Ezekiel 37: 1-14 is God's message for you today.
The prophet had been brought to the Valley of the Dry Bones and God said to him, "Son of man, can these bones live?" Isn't this exactly what we ask - can this seemingly dead marriage live? Is there any hope that this dead marriage can be resurrected? What mighty power can restore this broken relationship? God's mighty power can make your marriage live! For He has spoken and He will do it! In verses 4 and 5 it reads:
Then he said to me, "Prophesy to these bones and say to them, 'Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: 'I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD.' "
This is our promise from God. He will put breath in our dead marriages and they will come to life. He will take the dead, dry bones of our shattered relationships, knit them together again and breathe life into them. What the world has given up for dead will live again. And this will be for the Lord's renown. Reading further;
So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I was prophesying, there was a noise, a rattling sound, and the bones came together, bone to bone. I looked, and tendons and flesh appeared on them and skin covered them, but there was no breath in them." Ezekiel 37:7-8
How often have we been anxious for an answer to the "big prayer"? How often have we overlooked all the little prayers that God has answered? We need to be thankful for every step forward that the Lord gives us. Your resurrected marriage may be just where these bones are right now - covered with tendons and flesh but no breath. God is at work in your marriage resurrection right now. He might be connecting bone to bone or tendon to tendon. Or He might be in the process of covering your dead marriage with the flesh of His promises. Whatever stage your marriage resurrection is in right now, believe that He who has promised is faithful. In verses 9 and 10 we read;
Then he said to me, "Prophesy to the breath; prophesy, son of man, and say to it, 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live.'" So I prophesied as he commanded me, and breath entered them; they came to life and stood up on their feet-a vast army."
This is a picture of what God wants to do for our marriages. He wants to breathe new life into them. He wants to put His breath in our lives and in the lives of our spouses. He wants us to be filled with the living, breathing Holy Spirit so that the enemy will not find a foothold. Then God gives His awesome promises in verses 11 through 14;
"Then he said to me: "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. They say, 'Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.' Therefore prophesy and say to them: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says: O my people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the and of Israel. Then you, my people, will know that I am the LORD, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD.'"
What an awesome promise for us! We say to our Lord, "Our hope is gone; we are cut off!" But God wants us to know that we can hope in Him - hope in the promise of His salvation and hope in His resurrection of our dead marriage. He will open the grave of your dead relationship and He will bring you up. He himself will take you by the hand and lead you out. You will shed the grave clothes and walk in His light once again. He will resurrect and restore that which has been stolen from you. And when this resurrection occurs, you will know that you are His people and He is your God. For he has spoken, and He will do it!

My friends, I pray to God that this post has inspired you to not give up on God. He is mighty to save. May we have faith and belief in our mighty awesome God, that He will breathe new life into our dead situation. May we rejoice that His resurrection promises are for us!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Not only for marriages facing tough, difficult and trying times, but also for all (both redeemed and unredeemed folks) facing any hopeless and challenging circumstances.

There is hope in God and the same Spirit and Power of His resurrection which brought Christ out of the grave will bring out those who believe in Him from every grave-like and dead issues confronting them- in Jesus Name- Amen.

Anonymous said...

That is a great post!!! Thanks for sharing that...

Anonymous said...

Pia... Thank you for dropping by and leaving your comment on the more personal, hidden blog.

I appreciate what you have written here, and I understand that you are writing forom a perspective of struggle yourself...

But...

I don't think my marriage can be saved... I have tried for so long. I have forgiven, and worked and talked and counseled and prayed and prayed and prayed and prayed.

I haven't quite given up yet.

But, I don't think she wants this marriage, and that means it isn't a marriage anymore.

perhaps I'm just tired. Last night I had only four fitful, nightmare-filled hours of sleep. Just as I have had for over a week.

And before that, the last 7 months have only averadged six.

I have two children to care for, and I simply don't thinnk I can hang on any longer.

I am grateful for your prayers. I have tried not to give up... but...

...

--Will

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia, thankful for your post. Also, Will - I am praying for you. My heart grieves for you and anyone who goes through this...it is a painful process.

Anonymous said...

Great inspiration for everyone.
Pray the Lord brings reconciliation into your marriage

Anonymous said...

hi Pia, i was just getting ready to write you an email, but i'm so glad i came here and read first. what an inspiring and encouraging post and very timely for me.

as you know, we've (you included) been praying for Pastor Freshley (Pat), who the dr's have given 3-6 months to live, but this post is so encouraging and inspiring. God can always do what no dr can. God told me about 3 weeks ago that no one leaves here until He's ready for them, regardless of what time frame a dr has given. He also said to me there's always hope. i am believing God to breathe new life into Pat's body; after all, God created her, so he can certainly give her new blood cells. He's already doing miracles in her life with her vitals, appetite, etc. continue to pray for her and her family. thanks, and God's continued blessings to you and your family Pia!

Anonymous said...

Wow love reading your blog. Blessings Denise

Anonymous said...

A great inspirational post...A reminder to have full in Him always. I am confident that you are capable of facing every adverse sitation.
God bless.

Anonymous said...

These are the promises and revelations from God of His great redemption plan. But the key thing here is what do we do with this knowledge today in order to prepare for the things to come? We are held accountable by God by our actions. If you are unsure, ask God to show you how you can serve Him today and now, not later.
Jesus came to serve and died for us.

Anonymous said...

Pia I will definitely let you know if/when I make it to the Philippines!

Anonymous said...

akinola: amen! God is able and He will do it!

andrea: glad you liked it. God bless!

CS: don't give up on God. He's the one who will change the heart of brenda, not you nor your children. It's only God who can transform. put your hope in Him. brenda might not want your marriage anymore but God can change even that.

denise: thank you.

surjit: yes i can but only because of God. all of us can if we put our hope in Him.

sermon alive: amen!

shenna: great! hope to see you soon. =D

Angela said...

You know what...God was showing me this morning about the death of the daughter, and how Jesus said He spoke that she was sleeping and others laughed at Him (and the parents who were trusting the Lord). I felt my spirit being encouraged...that even though 'death' (waiting for the answer to that job position)was here, even though people were 'laughing' (well it MAY not be God's will, don't get your hopes up) God was saying,,,LIFE, LIFE, LIFE. Believe! Than I come here and read this and oh my goodness how it spoke to my spirit again, confirming what God was sharing within my heart this morning...Thank you for sharing your link to this post sweetness!! God KNEW I needed this...

Pia said...

i am so glad that this spoke to you. i'm glad to be used by God to encourage others. angie, let's not give up. God is already at work in our lives and He knows the perfect time to let us see with our physical eyes the deliverance He has in store for us.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin