Mom In ICU

Sunday, April 1, 2007
***UPDATE***

Jec called early this morning and we were able to talk a little. He said that he's facing a lot of problems now. I just told him that I may not be there physically with him but I can help encourage him and pray for him. Finally he assured me that I'm still his wife and that he loves me very much. The words I've been waiting to hear from him all this time. We weren't able to tackle everything but it was a start. I know that as I pray, as we all pray, God will change his heart and lead him to the right path.

My mom had her dialysis again today. My brother said so far, so good. I'm glad it went well. She's already out of the ICU. Thank God!

God answered our prayers but the battle is not yet over. It'll not be over until Jec and I are reconciled; and not until my mom recovers from this. I ask you to please continue to stand with me in prayer. My heartfelt thanks to all of you.


*****************************************************************


5 a.m. yesterday, I got a call from my sister and she was crying. My mom was rushed to the ICU due kidney failure and heart attack. I felt numb and cold, I couldn't even talk. I wanted to see my mom but she's thousands of miles away from where I am. I said, "God, what is happening? First, my husband and now my mom. God, what am I gonna do?" My bestfriend, Jen, told me that I shouldn't keep my problems to myself, that I should let it all out or I might just die from it.

This morning, I called up my brother and I was surprised to hear my dad on the other line. My bro went to work and left his phone with my dad. I asked how mommy was and he said she's stable. She's responding well with the dialysis. She'll have another one tomorrow. While my dad was talking, tears were already welling in my eyes. Then he asked me how I was. I totally lost it, I broke down and cried. For almost a month I was keeping my problems from them afraid that they might be too affected by it. But I can't keep it any longer. I told my dad everything. He told me to take a rest for now and he'll take care of it. I felt like a big load lifted from my shoulder.


I thought for a while that if my dad --- my earthly father, loves and cares for me that much that he's going to take care of things for me, how much more willing would my Heavenly Father be to help me?

I thank everybody who continuously remembers us in prayer.




15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pia,

I was so sorry to hear about your mom. With the grace of God, may she soon be back in good health and returned to your family.

Sharing your problems with your family is a good step to take. It will help you to keep strong during this difficult time.

I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Enid
xo

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your mom,

y'all are in my prayers!


((((huggs))))

Anonymous said...

your in my prayers pia.. and im sorry to hear about your mom... I hope she regains strength soon.
Im glad you were able to open up to your dad... that is a blessing.

Im dealing with some things right now involving the reasons we had to move back to nc... my parents KINDA know why we had 2... but they dont really know the details... I sort of want to tell them... but im unsure how to open up. So hard!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to hear you had a call from Jec and your mom is out of ICU. We will continue to pray for all of you!

Much love and (((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pia,

I'll keep praying that your mom will recover completely, to the glory of God. Such a scary thing to happen--I know that feeling of numbness when we hear news like that. Let your heart be encouraged today, sweet sister. No matter what, Pia, the Lord is walking with you. "He giveth more grace," as the song says. Praying that you and Jeric will be reconciled totally, and that the Lord will over-rule in every situation. Keep the faith! Our God is Jehovah Rapha, the God who Heals! Jehovah Jireh, the God who Provides!

Love you, sister,
{{{hugs}}}
Vicki

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry about your mom and so glad to hear that you and Jec have spoken. Keep faith and don't lose heart. Things may seem out of your control (and they probably are) but they are not out of His. God is always in control. He will bring you and your loved ones through this according to His will.

Your sister in Christ always,
Nan

Anonymous said...

Pia,

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for praying for me. Yes, I am in totally agreement in prayer for your marriage and for your mother's healing. I pray for your husband and that your marriage be completely restored - "a strand of three cords cannot easily be broken".

God Bless Your sweet heart and keep your eyes upon Jesus.

Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Amen! PIA, I just want you to know our Daddy in Heaven loves us beyond our imagination!

I am standing strong in prayers with you as in the scripture it says, Prayer is essential in this ongoing war!

Ask & we will be given! No prayers are void, it does not matter how we pray, as from the obedience of Jesus, everything is paid on that old rugged cross! Amen?!

Your mother is healed in Jesus Name! Your marriage is 'intoxicated' with sweet aroma just as Jesus turns water into wine!

Jesus & Godwyn loves you heaps!

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia, will continue to keep you in prayers! Know that God's grace is sufficient for you sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

hi pia, i'm sorry to hear about your mom, and i pray God's continued healing throughout her body. i pray God's continued peace for you and your whole family. thank you for praying for me on the prayer blog. how thoughtful of you to think of others during your own trying times. love you.

sylvia

Anonymous said...

Wow Pia, tough times right now for you. What happened with you and Jec? I'm sorry to hear about your heartache. Keep leaning on Him, and not on your own understanding!

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you, lieve zus...

Take care, Pia.

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) if only i can give each of you a hug to show you how grateful i am. thank you. God bless y'all (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Pia. And also for your Mom. I too am having MANY trials and difficulties. But, if we wait on the Lord, submit and obey He promises to take care of our every need. He promises an abudunant life for those who believe and follow Him.
Happy Easter to you too. He is risen! Big HUGS!

Anonymous said...

I've seen you before
I know what you do
You can't lie to Me
So tell Me the truth

Why are you hurting?
Why do you cry?
Why so much unbearable pain in your eyes?

I know your soul is broken
Shattered by the glass
Of other peoples heartbeats
And dreams that never pass

But you can't let it control you
What you seek you'll never find
You'll only come up empty
In your heart, and in your mind

So let the searching end
And your new life can begin
Trust I'm always here
And your tears will disappear

Blog Widget by LinkWithin