Little Victories

Sunday, April 8, 2007
I've wanted so much to bring to you some happy news about what's going on in my world. God has been good. He let me taste little victories which I'm so grateful about. My mom is getting better, she's still having her dialysis though. The objective is to bring down her creatinine level to normalcy and so far, although she's still a few levels up from the desired number, she's getting there. My brother's pastor and churchmates went to visit my mom and prayed for her too. Oh, by the way, my mom is in Christ Hospital in New Jersey. Good thing that they're surrounded by Christians during this time of crisis.

My husband, Jeric, and I are communicating again although not as often as we used to. He told me in a text message that he's working again and he went back to school to take up a short course. I'm glad that he's okay although I'm not quite sure about what his plans are. Nevertheless, God said in Proverbs 19:21 that "many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." I also read in a book that: "I should look to God as the source of all I want to see happen in my marriage, and I shouldn't worry about how it will happen. It's my job to pray. It's God's job to answer..." I also know that I have friends all over the globe who prays for us. I know in my heart that soon we will be reconciled and that my marriage is in the palm of God's hand.

Thank you for praying. I want you to know that your prayers are not in vain. He heard us and He's moving. You are all part of the little victories we're all experincing now. Thank you for standing with me in prayer. Thank you for continuously fighting this battle with me. God bless us all.


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear sister

Christ is Risen! He is Risen indeed. And He who defeated death - is all powerful - also in our lives - hang in there and TRUST Him.

I'm so sorry to hear that things have been so tough (I quickly read through the last few posts) - be assured of my prayers - and more importantly that Jesus Himself is interceding for you.

Whatever it is that Jec is struggling with -God's able to handle it. TRUST Him

And your mum too.

Your sister in Christ, Lorna

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Pia,
glad to hear that your is getting better, and that you and your husband, taking again,

praying !


huggs

Anonymous said...

Pia....(((HUGS)))
I just read the post below and I have tears in my eyes. But I am so glad that you are beginning to see God work in your life and family. He always was, but I'm so glad we're actually able to see it now!
I am going to pray for your mom...and for your husband and marriage this week.
God bless you...and a Blessed Easter to you!
~Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia,

I thought that I would wish you a Happy Easter. I am sorry to hear about your Mom and I am praying for your Mom as well as for your marriage. Keep your eyes on Jesus, He will see you through to victory.

(((((HUGS)))))

Barbara

Anonymous said...

A very Happy and Blessed Easter, girl. God's love is everlasting and His grace and mercy are everpresent!

We are so grateful for those little victories. May God continue to bless you! :-)

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia...Happy Easter wishs to you too! I see so much has been happening in your life. I'm thankful to read the Lord is at work. He is ever faithful...

Anonymous said...

Flyby hugging !

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia,

Thanks for the Easter Greetings. I am just glad to be home today and I have four more days off from work so I am a happy Easter bunny :)

So glad to hear the good news about the improvement in your mom's health. Of course, I am keeping you all in my prayers especially you, your mom and Jec.
May his guiding light continue to be with all of at this time.

Peace and blessings,

Enid
xo

Anonymous said...

Life is hard. God Bless you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia, yes you have friends all over the globe who pray for you and Jec. Trust in the Lord, and lean not on your own understanding. Keep holding you up in my prayers. Love of love to you! (((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

words aren't enough to express how grateful i am to all of you.

(((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Im glad things have improved pia! I prayed for you yesterday.
Keep our family in your prayers. Travis' aunt (his mothers sister) is really bad right now. She has cancer and things dont look good. Shes fairly young still...

Travis mom died of Cancer the year we started dating. She was only 52...

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pia

Great!
Praise the Lord!

We'll keep praying...
(((HUGS)))

Take care, lieve zus =)

Anonymous said...

i will certainly continue to life you and jec and your familiy up in prayer. stay strong and God bless you...

Anonymous said...

Sister PIA,

I pen down these words in Jan on my blog, thought it will be great to share it with you:=)

'For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare & not for calamity to give you a future & a hope.' Jer. 29:11 [NASB]

God is not the God of confusion, & wherever He sees sincere seekers with confused heart, we can bet He will do whatever it takes to help us see His will.

I am standing in prayer with you. Always...

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today and lifting you and your family to the Lord.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I hope YOU are feeling better too. I'll pray for patience and understanding for your husband. Often times, illness puts so much stress on a marriage (be it physical or emotional). But, we have a God who is greater then anything we can think or ask. He IS with you.
Together in Him,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by and praying for you today!

Anonymous said...

just stopping to say hi !


leave ya a Hugg

Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Wow Pia I haven't been around much and I'm so glad I came by today. I will def keep you and your family in my prayers. you are so strong and never forget just how blessed you are and what a blessing to other you are!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin