The Little Grass Hut

Thursday, June 22, 2006
I know I said that I might not be posting for this month anymore but I want to share this important lesson with y'all.

The past few days have been really difficult for me. I've been in pain through out the day and I can't take pain killers for it because it could complicate with my other health condition and I have rashes all over my body including my face. I went to my doctor for check up last Tuesday and she gave me a new list of lab tests (I'm getting tired of this) to be done which includes one that has to be sent to the states because we don't have the facilities to perform it here. Just imagine how much that'll cost us... that's around $400. The medication that I have to undergo which is called IVIg would cost us around $1,300 per session. My doctor said that I have to have the infusion for three consecutive months (so that's a total of three sessions). Plus I have to take steroids and of course my Clexane/Heparin shots daily. No, we don't have the insurance to pay for all of that, we don't have that kind of insurance here unfortunately. Because of the excruciating pain that I'm going through and all these treatments, not to mention the monetary cost of it all, I felt more like death is such a welcome breeze. I told God that I'd appreciate it if He'll just take my life and spare me the pain. I couldn't stand seeing my husband suffer along with me. I kept asking God to please take my life now. I was waiting for God to strike me with lightning or maybe a heart attack or something that'll stop me from breathing, but none of those... I'm still alive.

I guess it's not God's will for me to die yet. Maybe He wants me to do a lot more with my life. Maybe He wants me to help others who are also suffering. Maybe...




The Little Grass Hut

The only survivor of a shipwreck was washed up on a small,
uninhabited island. He prayed feverishly for GOD to rescue him and everyday he
scanned the horizon for help, but none seemed forthcoming. Exhausted, he
eventually managed to build a little hut out of driftwood to protect himself
from the elements and to store his few possessions.


One day, after scavenging for food, he arrived home to find his little hut in flames with smoke rolling up to the sky. The worst had happened! Everything was lost! He was stunned with disbelief, grief, and anger. "GOD, how could you do this to me?" he cried.

Early the next day he was awakened by the sound of a ship that was approaching the island. It had come to rescue him. "How did you know I was here?" asked the weary man of his rescuers. "We saw your smoke signal," they replied.

Moral of the story: It's easy to get discouraged when things are going bad, but we shouldn't lose heart, because GOD is at work in our lives, even in the midst of pain, and suffering. Remember that, the next time your little hut seems to be burning to the ground. It just may be a smoke signal that summons the grace of GOD.


27 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will believe with you for a miracle.

Anonymous said...

God bless - people you do't even know are praying for you .... just another example of His love. ;)

Anonymous said...

I think of you often. Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

wow that is a lot too go through... understatment of the year I know... Saying a prayer for you. God Bless...

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you.
I'm praying for you.
I'm here with you.

Please be strong, lieve zus.
Hang on.
You'll pull through with our Lord's mercy and grace.

*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in prayer Pia...be strong...in His grace and mercy....
God Bless
Donna

Anonymous said...

curm: thanks. =)

mike: thanks for the visit. i'm truly grateful for everybody who's praying for us. God bless you too. =)

sparrow: thanks. =)

kristina: nice to have you back! thanks for praying. God bless. =)

audrey: (((HUGS))) thanks so much. luv yah!

Anonymous said...

You "shall come forth as gold"..
It's not in vain. Not in vain. One moment at a time. You are winning the battle because of your faith in Him. You are a testimony to others and are right now bringing glory to Him. There is no greater calling. You are beautiful. You are loved. You are covered in prayers. Claim His peace. He is faithful. He is with you now. One day we'll understand.

Anonymous said...

Pia, I'll be praying for you. Stay strong and know we care!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Pia!! God is there...He is working in you and for you...

Anonymous said...

Pia, I'm so sorry for you, and I'm blessed that you see it as a smoke signal to God. I hope for so much more for you.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia & Jec, keep praying for you. Jesus loves you very much, and so do I.


Psalm 73:26 "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart."

Remember each day that God is helping to bear your burdens.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Pia

It's the start of a new week.
Praying for you strength, mercy, peace, joy and love from our Lord.
Jesus loves you very much :)
So do I, lieve zus!
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for all your prayers and for caring. thank you for your words of encouragement too. that means a lot to me. God bless y'all.

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Just Bloghoping and your post have somehow bring an encouragement to me...

I can sense strength in you, a strength of an overcomer!

Keep on keeping on to Jesus!!

God Bless sis....

Anonymous said...

flex J: thanks for hopping by. i'm glad you're encouraged somehow. god bless you too. =)

Anonymous said...

Dear PIA,

I will be praying for you & your family. I encountered complex medical conditions in my life, I know how you feel further the financial burden.

Yet, that was the time when I learn the phase, "A miracle you need, A miracle you will receive!"

The whole week I had been receiving verses from Jeremiah when I spend my quiet time with the Lord. Every verses is about healing as the Lord knows the whole family is not well, desperately need such comfort.

Proclaim the promises of Jesus daily, surely you are healed!

"Behold, I will bring it health & Cure, & I will cure them, & reveal unto them the abundance of peace & truth" Jeremiah 33:6

"Heal me, O Lord, & I shall be healed; save me, & I shall be saved: for thou art my praise." Jeremiah 17:14

"For I will restore health unto thee, & I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD..." Jeremiah 30:17

Anonymous said...

You are in our prayers, girl.
There is always hope in God. Hang in there!

Love you.

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

oh pia, don't lose heart! I know the place you are in because i felt similarly when I couldn't walk after my spine surgery and felt more lost and dead than alive. Keep heart, you are here on this earth for a reason and a purpose. That little story was so beautiful and so telling. You will be in my prayers!

love you
nan

Anonymous said...

godwyn: thank you. you're in my prayers too. thanks for sharing those verses. God bless you.

corry: thank you, mamu. love you too.

nan: thank you, sis. love you too.

Anonymous said...

Pia, I love you and will keep praying for you and Jec during this very difficult time. I've been wrapped up in some of my own trials, therefore haven't posted as much, but as I read about the saints that lived before us, and all they suffered for Christ's sake, I pray that He will pour out that same grace and mercy and provision in your hour of need. I pray His love will lift you above the pain as His power brings you through it.

I want so much to reach out there and hug you close--mere words are never enough.

Praying and standing with you, my precious friend ~

Vicki

Anonymous said...

you're in my prayers. thank you for caring and praying for me. God bless you more and know that i love you too. (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

Oh, Pia! I'll be praying for you sweetie.

Thank you for the hut story. I needed to hear it too.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia,

Robert and I are praying for your medical condition this day in the name of Jesus, I pray you receive and believe it now, you are healed, thank you for being there for me and "Pretty in Pink" when I was at my wit's end and did not know what to do. We love you, talk to you later.

Robert and Barbara Bodling
Owner of "Pretty in Pink" Woman's Ministry

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on my blog reading. You will be in my prayers. I will also ask prayers for you at my church and prayer group. I admire your faith in all this pain and uncertainty. We don't know how God will be faithful-but we do know that he will be faithful.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin