Footprints In The Sand

Sunday, January 15, 2006
I don't even know how to begin to tell y'all how grateful Jec and I are for all the heart warming support and prayers we got here during our most trying times. We've all prayed hard but I guess God has other plans for us. I felt so bad and didn't know how to break the news to all of you. You've all prayed in faith and I felt like by telling you the bad news I will somehow turn you all down. KC told me during our phone conversation that it was God who decided that it was not yet time and that it wasn't my fault. Most of all, Jec and I felt so lost and didn't know what to do next. I cried to God for help and told Him to please hold us together because we couldn't take it anymore. I cried myself to sleep asking God for direction. When Jec was telling me about all your support, he was in tears. I got to read all your comments and prayers just now. He said, "Babe, don't worry. God will take care of us. He will make a way. We have all the love and support of your blogger friends and I was surprised by how much they truly care." I told him that you're more than just blogger friends, you're family.

I once posted here that my word for 2006 is FAVOR. God has indeed showed me favor in so many ways that I hardly noticed. We've gone through so much already and here we are, still together. We've lost two of our precious ones in the past years and dealt with rejection here and there but here we are, still together. Friends from different parts of the world are offering us whatever help they could give. My neighbor told me this morning, "Pia, look how God shows you favor. He loves you." And I realized, yes, she's right!

As I type this post, tears are falling but I have a smile on my face knowing that we're not alone in this trial. God gave us all of you for support and love. I know that this is not the last trial we're going to face but I know that there will only be one set of footprints in the sand.

Thank you for the love and support you showed me and Jec all this time. From the bottom of our hearts, we love you deeply. God bless y'all.

**********

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it: "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied: "My son, my precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always have my love, support and prayers anytime you are in need and anytime you don't have needs you don't know how to answer. I pray for everyone when they are in or out of troubling waters. God is with us always to guide, comfort, soothe. He even provides friendship to those that find themselves lonely at times. Which is how I found you. God be with you always Pia! I'm sure I speak for everyone that reads your blog when I say:
We love you don't lose hope!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful post. I just stumbled here today for the first time but I too have felt the love and support of other bloggers in the blogosphere.

Isn't it amazing how quickly you can form a network of loving, prayerful, sisters and brothers.

God is so good. I know he is looking out for you and yours. I don't know what your situation is, but I know he is taking care of you.

I will add you to my prayers! :P

Anonymous said...

Blogging is an experience unique in and of itself, isn't it? I've only been seriously blogging for the last three months and have been blessed by the people who I've "met" in the blogosphere. Pia, my sister, know that you are loved by the ONE who designed you. He knows everything about your situation and has promised to give you GRACE. My prayer is that he will comfort you and hold you, that His countenance will shine upon you and give you peace.
Jeremiah 29:11-13 - God's promise to you and Jec. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Pia, as I was reading your post and praying for you just now, God kept on putting Proverbs 3:5-6 in my heart. Yes trust in the Lord, and He will direct your path.

Anonymous said...

God is truely in you and weaving Himself through these problems and obsticals, and He is bringing glory to Himself. I'm glad KC said that it wasn't your fault but God's decision, because that is really true. I am sorry for your pain. I agree that this post was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Pia,

You are such a lovely, kind and Godly young woman and it breaks my heart to read about your pain. My prayers are with you and Jec.

Even though I'm not consistant with my comments or emails I think about you everyday. May God bless!

Anonymous said...

Pia and Jec, yes you are loved. By God and by us. We would do more if we lived close by, but we do what we can and what seems a small thing is the most powerful we can do: praying!
You are in our prayers. We love you:-)

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Pia, dear sister, my prayers will always be with you, my beautiful friend with a beautiful name. Remember, there are so many times when I don't understand what God is doing in my life. I don't understand why God is doing what He is doing right now in my life. But God understands, and praise God for that! God knows what He's doing. I promise, He won't let you down.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:7-8

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia and Jec,

I continue to hold you in my heart and lift you up in prayer. I give this verse to you--He has comforted me many times and I am confident He will comfort you as well. He is faithful!!

I Cor. 1:3-7 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for christ, the more god will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainlycomfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us.

Anonymous said...

Pia- I know how tough INS can be. I sure hope that everything works out soon enough for you. I have been through the hoops with them myself and know how frusturating it can be to deal with them. My prayers are with you and hopefully you can see Jec soon.

Anonymous said...

Pia, you have an amazing blog...I stumbled upon it this morning. There are times in life when we don't understand what God is doing in our lives, but he's with us through it all.

This was a beautiful post...remember not to lose hope...continue to turn to him for comfort, love and direction!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for allowing us to share your burden and to reach out to God with you. You are a blessing, Pia.

Anonymous said...

Hugs, love, and prayers always, Pia!

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Dear Pia, I'm so glad that even though we are far away from each other, we can journey together on blogland and connect through prayers.

Anonymous said...

You are family and you are loved. God will make a way and some day you will use this trial to help others overcome. Be strong and mighty in the Lord.

Love and hugs,

Anonymous said...

We truly are one in His spirit...your brothers and sisters hold you up inside of Him. The Father's purpose is always to reveal His Son and I pray that the Son will be revealed in your hearts as you endure the trials of this life. God Bless and hold on tight to Jesus....He never fails.

Anonymous said...

Pia,
I have been gone for some time but I am back with the blogging community!

I am so sad to hear about your hard times, but can only pray that things will get better. I think the Footprints poem was the perfect ending to your post. Remember God love you, and so do we! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Hey Pia. I understand about the love of blogger friends. Being so sick, the bright spot of the day has been hearing all my friends loving thoughts and prayers. I'm getting better but still dizzy. I'll still be praying for you, dear friend. Someday I hope we can meet. Wouldn't that be awesome? With God all things are possible!

Anonymous said...

I will keep on praying for you.

Did you know that favor makes a way for the impossible? May the Lord grant you the desires of your heart.

Anonymous said...

wyld: thanks for the friendship and the encouragement you sent my way. God bless you.

bethany: thanks for dropping by and for the prayers. God bless you.

joy: thanks for the prayers. i'll take note of that verse. thank you. God bless!

kitty: you're such a blessing. i'll take note of that verse too. thank you. God bless.

OC: i always think of you and it pains me to know about what happened to matt. nevertheless, i know God has other plans for you and i'm sure they're a lot better than all these.

mary rose: i think about you too. i hope everything turns out better for you and hubby this year. God bless.

corry: mamu, thank you and i love you.

tidy bowl: thanks for your prayers and the encouragement.

joyce: thank you for stopping by and foryour kind words. thanks for the prayers too. God bless you.

nicole: it's so frustrating but i'm glad i'm over it. thanks to all of you. God bless you, nicole.

cinder: thanks for stopping by. it's really hard to understand what God is doing but trusting Him will pay off. that's what i'm doing now. God bless you, cinder.

sparrow: you're a blessing too. God bless you as always.

kristi: thank you. God bless you, girl.

CS: thank you. God bless you as always.

paula: i really wish to help others and yes, God will make a way. God bless you, sis.

cheryl: thank you. you're right, He never fails. God bless.

julie: nice to see you back. luv yah too, girl. God bless.

MC: thanks for the prayers. get well soon. i'll be praying for you too.

curm: thank you for praying. i know that one and thanks for reminding me. you are an inspiration to a lot of us. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia! I was finally able to get my post to 'stick' here, so wanted to say that, although I've not known you for long, my heart feels so much for you, my sister in Christ. I will lift you up in all my prayers. May God's favor, indeed, rest on you and Jec this year. You are dearly loved!

hugs,
Vicki

Blog Widget by LinkWithin