When, Lord, When?

Sunday, April 13, 2014
I ask that question a lot lately.  Am I being impatient? Probably.

Like many Christians, I am still waiting for the many promises of God  to come to pass in my life.  I tell God how much I want to walk into my Promised Land already.

I was watching "In the Beginning" last night with my yaya, very timely for the upcoming Holy Week. It's her first time to watch that movie and for me, well, I already lost count.  I know the stories of each character even from the Bible, but I still did pick up something towards the end. God never ceases to amaze me.

There was a question at the end of the story - Why have we wandered the desert 40 years... Because the people rebelled against the Lord. The people have sinned...

This made me think of my own Promised Land... my life... my circumstance.

When, Lord, When?  Only God knows, but He made me look at the bigger picture. Am I rebelling against the Lord by doubting Him and His promises every so often?

Do you ask this question too?



4 comments:

David C Brown said...

Yes - but I think that God sometimes keeps us waiting because He rejoices in our continuing trust in Him.

And the Lord Jesus is waiting still too!

Denise said...

Bless you my sweet friend, love you.

Slamdunk said...

Not at all. I think of the Psalms and how they are full of people honestly questioning God and praying for answers. We are human and God wants our commitment--it is natural for us to want to know more about the specifics.

Hang in their Pia.

Never Forsaken said...

Hi Pia,
Sushi sent me a nice message from you...Thanks! :)
Yes, I also ask this question of when Lord...Especially when I see all the sickness and sadness in the world, but God is the only author and finisher of our faith.
Praying you are being blessed abundantly also~Lisa

Blog Widget by LinkWithin