Good Versus Evil

Wednesday, January 17, 2007
I've been busy the past few days going around the city doing some errands. I'm finally done with them, thank God! Anyway, I told Jec that I wanted to go back to work again. I just felt like I can do more than just stay home. Jec said yes and so I did what I have to do. Now, I have a few good job offers to choose from. Thank God! Prayer really works!

Something happened last week that stunned me a bit on how a person could be so desperate that she could do just anything to hold on to dear 'life'. Last weekend, after talking to one of the department heads of the company offering me a job, I learned that one of my so-called friends and former colleague that happened to be employed in that same company did something which, with my old self reacting, would normally get pissed off and would want to choke her for being a backstabbing scumbag. I couldn't believe she'd stoop that low. I thought we were friends, well, I guess I was wrong. Let's just say that history seem to repeat itself. Why do you think she's so threatened if she thinks she's an asset to that company? Well, I guess that's how the enemy really works. He'd do everything and anything to hamper you from receiving your blessings. The good news is he'll never succeed!
"You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world." 1 John 4:4
"No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and this is their vindication from me, declares the LORD." Isaiah 54:17


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God's blessings richly embrace you this year Pia.

Anonymous said...

In the end we are too often simply frigthened little kids.

We need to stay close to our father. then it will be all right.

Anonymous said...

God bless you real good!
The enemy who is forever a losser will try anything just to shift your attention.
But keep on keepin on to Jesus!

God Bless...
Flex J!

Anonymous said...

kitty: thank you. i'm really praying for that too. God bless you too, sis.

CS: you're right. if we stay close to Him and know in our hearts what He has done and will do for us, we'll know that things will be all right.

flex j: oh, i love that. yeah, he's forever a loser. God bless you too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Pia

Just focus on God's goodness and faithfulness.
Vengence belongs to our Lord.
Take care, zus!

Anonymous said...

one thing about it pia, when God opens doors, no man can shut them. what's yours is yours, and the devil can't stop your blessings. i wish you the best in whichever job you choose.

i'm still working on my new blog. thanks for the info.

sylvia

Anonymous said...

Hello Pia, hope you are enjoying the glorious blessings of the LORD so far this year.

When it comes to the contention between good and evil, I have this firm understanding that:

"The evil bow before the good; and the wicked at the gates of the righteous"- Prov 14:19.

So shall it be concerning you, in Jesus name- Amen

Anonymous said...

audrey: you're right. He'll fight my battles. you take care too, lieve zus. =)

sylvia: oh, yes, i do believe that too. but it was so clear how the enemy would just do anything to take the rug from under you. of course, he won't succeed with his plans. if you need help on your blog, just let me know. i'd be glad to help you out.

akinola: amen to that!

Anonymous said...

Good for you for being forgiving. Think of what Jesus had to go through and how he reacted. Blessings Pia.

Anonymous said...

i guess i was more surprised than mad. let's see, i didn't get mad at all. i just wasn't expecting she'd do something like that.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin