A Prayer Rejected

Tuesday, September 6, 2011
I'm sorry for blogging less and less lately.  I have so many things I wanted to write about, but I felt too lazy to put my thoughts in writing. I also haven't been blog hopping and I know I have a lot of catching up to do.  Blah!

Since I got back from China, I felt like I was running after time.  In a few days, I'm leaving again.  Oh boy... 

Anyway, last September 1st, I was invited by my friend Manisha, to attend an Indian festival celebrating their Elephant god Ganesha at one of their fellow Hindu's condo unit in Guangzhou, China.  I had two reasons why I agreed to go.  First, I was curious about this so called festival and, second, I wanted to know how Indian food tasted like. And so I went.

 Spicy Thepla - Flat bread

Puri, Sabzi, Basmati Rice & Dal

Me, trying out the food...

I wonder, do they have anything that's not spicy?  My tongue's burning!  =)

I was also in a room full of Hindus.  They chanted as they prayed... I think. I couldn't understand a word they're saying.  Anyway, I took some photos to share with you.

 The one in yellow, in front, is their priest

These are their gods. The one in the middle, in front, is Ganesha, the Elephant god.

Aside from trying out new food, I also met new friends.

 Me & Diviana

Manisha & Diviana's Mom, Neeta
 
While we were there, a three year old boy from Egypt arrived at the hospital with his parents to have his neuroblastoma treated. Unfortunately, the doctors asked them to go back home after barely a week because the doctors cannot treat the boy anymore. The boy wasn't responding to the chemo.

When I learned about it, I went to their room and asked the boy's parents if I could pray for the boy. They didn't know that I was a Christian.

So, I went on and prayed. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I prayed because I really felt bad that his condition could no longer be treated.

Then, I asked for permission to bring the boy to the other room so my other Christian friend who happened to be  a patient, too, can pray with me for the boy.

The father said okay, but on one condition: he didn't want a Christian praying for his son.

I was a bit shocked, but I agreed.

I brought the child to the other room to show my friend the little boy, but didn't tell my friend what my purpose for bringing the boy there was. Then, I brought the boy back to his parents and said "I didn't let my friend pray because she was a Christian."

I guess the father didn't know at first that I was a Christian, but realized that I was one after I prayed.

I felt so sorry for them because prayer could be the boy's only chance to get healed, but the father denied him this because he wouldn't allow a Christian to pray for his child.

Nonetheless, I will still include him in my prayers.


Back home, my family and I went to Zensho, a Japanese restaurant to celebrate my two nephews' birthdays. Andre celebrated his eighth birthday last September 1;  Frederic turned seven last September 5.


Happy birthday, Andre & Fredric.




6 comments:

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Pia.. Hugz
Wow what an experience huh? Well God knew your heart and I truly believe it was meant to be. The Lord wanted you to pray for that little boy, kids are so innocent yet their faith is temendous :).
Take crae my friend, How is your dad doing?

Pia said...

hi lorie. (((HUGS)))

it's nice to see you here again. i really feel so sorry for that little boy. they're muslims.

dad is doing better, thank God! thank you for dropping my, sweet lorie. God bless you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mel Avila Alarilla said...

Hi sis Pia,
There are so many strongholds in India as there are also so many strongholds in China. Both Hinduism and Buddhism practice polytheism and their beliefs are diametrically opposed to Christian dogmas. Both of these religions believe in reincarnation, evolution and karma. It is so hard to evangelize them because of powerful strongholds holding down their members. We can just practice prayer evangelism for them just like what Amrita is doing for her countrymen. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Amrita said...

very interesting to read tha t you witnessed Hindus celebrating Ganesh Charuthi in a Buddhist country and prayed for a Muslim.

That looks like Gujrati food, specially the flat bread. Its spicy and hot. Most of our food is like that but you can reduce the spices according to your taste, like I do. I don 't like too many spices.

Ususally when people come to the end of their rope , they would allow anyone to pray for them. This muslim man must really hate Christianity to refuse Christian prayer. That is so sad.


God gavbe me an oppurtunity to counsel a lady has been "helped" by the Christian Scientist Church in California. She wanted to know my opinion of that church.

I wrote back exposing all their wrong teaching and now I am praying the Lord may draw her to Himself.

Anonymous said...

mel: strongholds, yes. for sure. i was able to talk to a guy in china, the one pushing dad's wheel chair at the airport on our way back home. he said he doesn't have religion. he only does good to others and hopes that'll do. honestly, i was shocked hearing those things and realized so many people are still bound by the enemy with their wrong mindsets.

amrita: was it ganesh? i thought it was ganesha. oh well, i'm not fond of spicy food. maybe a little would be okay, but indian food is way too spicy for me. i feel so sorry for the boy. he doesn't even know he's sick. he was just laughing while watching ice age on his dad's laptop. i believe prayers can really make a huge difference.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin