And The List Goes On

Tuesday, January 13, 2009
For 2009, I made a list of things I wanted to buy as well as a few items of must-do. The things I wanted to buy include a white notebook, an LCD, a shoe cabinet and a few more stuff that are important to me. On my must-do list, there's my prophylaxis, my annual check-up and the likes. On top of these, I also have my daily to-do list.

For some, this habit is rather peculiar, but not for me. I get a sense of satisfaction knowing that I've accomplished the things I needed to do for the day. It keeps me busy and it gives me peace that everything is in order. Don't get me wrong though, I do what I can the best way possible but leave those I don't have control over to God.

Tonight, I'll have a new set of to-do list for tomorrow. And with much delight, I'd be crossing out the things I listed down last night for what I needed to do today.

Let's see...
  • Water the plants
  • Quiet time
  • Pay bills
  • Prophylaxis


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you about to do lists.
I put a new post-it on my fridge every day.
It is a joy to cross things off!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's also what I was doing when I was still working. On top of my desk was a simple activity calendar and at the end of the day, I list all the things that I will be doing tomorrow and I checked the things I accomplished from yesterdays things to do. It was very effective because I was always aware of my tasks at hand and prevented time wastage. Thanks for the practical post. God bless you always.

Anonymous said...

You can add my bills to your list...just kidding.
I only have major things I want to get this year and if only one happens I will feel blessed.

Coffee is on

Anonymous said...

wow! at least you've done those on your list. i still have a pile to finish.

Anonymous said...

I have my to-do list for the coming new year too. Spring cleaning...

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Pia! ((Hugs))

Like you, I use to-do lists daily to remind me of what I need to do, and get a sense of satisfaction / accomplishments when I cross them off.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin