New York, New York

Wednesday, December 15, 2004
I've come to realize that it's really a lot different when you go out of the country then come back in a few months or so than leaving for good. The feeling is so intense and I tend to go so emotional about it. It's like not seeing the person ever again. Well, I know there are many ways to get in touch now with your loved one overseas with all the high tech gadgets available within reach, but still it feels really odd.

When my sister left for Canada, I felt sad, but that was it. I knew she's coming back. So was my brother when he left for Singapore. I knew they were coming back so the emotions were not that intense. I even felt excited for them. But when my brother left for New York last December 11, I felt really really sad because I knew I wouldn't be seeing him for a long time. It was tear jerking. Maybe it's the thought of being away from someone for quite sometime not knowing when you'll see the person again exactly.

On the lighter side, we are all looking forward to go there to have one big family reunion. Now that is exciting!


0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin