Weddings & Memories

Monday, November 8, 2004
Weddings... This sure is one of my favorite occasion. My friend is getting married a few months from now. My best friend would want to get married so much that she daydreams about it, well, I guess whenever she can. This thought brings back fun and exciting memories during which it was us who were preparing for our own wedding.

It wasn't easy at all. There were the excitements, frustrations and other mixed emotions. The preparation was so exhausting! Of course, I wouldn't be able to do that on my own. Thanks to my friends, Jen and Vangie, who helped us from the beginning until the end. Thanks to my husband too who was just as excited as I was. From the selection of music, invitation, motif , down to the nitty gritty of my wedding gown, hair and make up and the photos... it was so much fun! There was also the frustrating part but turned out to be one of the best choices we made. I really wanted the church to be San Agustin because I love the place so much, the month should be December specifically before Christmas and the time should be in the afternoon. And so we got the church, the date and time. Perfect! When it was time for us to choose the reception venue, I felt like the world crumbled when my first choice couldn't accommodate us anymore because it was already fully booked. This can't be happening! I cried and cried for days until my tears run dry. My husband tried so hard to convince me to look around Intramuros for another venue. After that short lived depression, finally, I conceded. We went around Intramuros and we got so curious about this place with a big wooden gate that was half opened. We peeked and saw this beautiful garden. The guard told us to come in and the staff excused themselves because they were just finishing the set up for the wedding that afternoon. My face lit up! As we went in, I felt the surge of excitement once again. I knew right there and then that Patio Victoria was God's perfect choice for our reception venue.

As I walked down the aisle, my tears fell. After all the trials my husband and I went through, after patiently waiting for God's time, we finally made it.

Looking back, my husband and I would laugh everytime we're reminded of our planning days. It was a roller coaster of emotions. We got to know more of each other during those times.

God is really faithful in fulfilling His promises. He can give you the reality of what seems to be impossible. I should know. It happened to us.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm the best friend! I object! I don't daydream about getting married whenever I can. Though I wish one day I'll be as fortunate as my best friend Pia to marry the perfect guy. Could you just please clone your husband or he might have along lost twin that I could hooked uo with and marry eventually? hehehe.. Maybe at the right time in God's perfect time I'll marry but for now I'm DEFINITELY enjoying my singleness.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin